When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Saturday, January 30, 2010

    Iced.

    January 28th

    Entry #1
    3:40 PM.
    As if we didn't learn our lesson last time. One year ago, Northwest Arkansas was hit with a devastating ice storm. The crashing of trees, loss of power, and destruction of property took a toll on the entire area. You can see my post if you check my February 2009 Archives. It's scary stuff. Anywho. It just started raining about an hour or so ago. The forecast calls for half an inch to 1.25" of ice...similar to the forecast last year--which turned out to be wrong and was actually 2 inches. We did have school today. I have a headache. And it's 33 degrees outside. They're expecting sleet and freezing rain some time after 4 pm. At 10:48 am my mom texted me saying that Oklahoma City was "encased in ice", and the cold front was in Tulsa. How much longer 'til we're hit? Over.


    Entry #2
    8:11 PM.
    Still've got a headache, so I'll be heading to bed. Right now it's sleeting and there is a thin sheet of ice glazed across the ground. They've yet to cancel school but my dad says he's not taking me even if they don't. Snow hit OKC about 5 o'clock or so, leaving a 7 hour gap between rain and snow. That's one long front. Yikes. We're next. Over and out.

    January 29th

    Entry #3

    8:15 AM

    Happy Birthday Bailey.

    The ice was so beautiful last year. The way it painted the trees and created a glass image of the falling world around us. It was like portraying the dying as beautiful. But one year later, every thing's already dead and broken. You can't make that beautiful, what's dead is dead.

    It doesn't look like there's much ice but I know there is. I can see snow on the ground...which I don't remember from last year. Last year the ground was just glass. With all the trees smaller and destroyed from last year, there's not much beauty. It's just...dead.

    'Bout half an hour ago my mom texted me saying there's freezing rain again. We're expecting the electricity to go out soon. We already lost it once for a few seconds, I was sleeping though and didn't notice. No school today obviously. It's 25 degrees outside. A week ago, Hunter went tanning in his back yard. See the contrast here? In a matter of days this place can just...drop 40 degrees. Over.


    Entry #4

    4:31 PM

    It started snowing about 10:30, and got hard about 11:30. My mom texted me telling me to expect 7-8 inches of snow. The power hasn't gone out yet, and Hunter doesn't think it's going to. The snow's wet, very wet--so it'll stick. This storm is a lot different than last years. The wind is insane and it's way colder this year. At this point I have no idea what's gonna happen next. I'm just glad I'm not in school. Over and out.


    January 30th


    Entry #5

    10:23 AM

    It's over. The snow stopped about midnight at 7 or more inches. Everything's white. And not icy. Just cold. We probably won't have school Monday since it's so cold, the roads won't be melted by then. We all thought we'd have an ice storm--and some people call it that. But this wasn't a storm. This was a reminder. This was a "Hey! Remember what you went through last year? Remember what it feels like to be trapped?" This was God keeping us in check, making sure we know what we have and that he has the power to take it away.

    This was not a storm.

    Over and out.


    link | posted by J at 10:27 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J