When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Friday, January 21, 2005

    Spelling Bee

    I came in 5th place in the spelling bee today.
    Maybe I should back up a bit....

    December 15, 2004

    It was the day of the spelling bee. 30 people total were participating, I believe. I didn't expect what was to come. We went and sat down in the chairs on the stage, I was the very last person. I didn't think highly of that spot, but it was to become of my advantage. We sat for a while, staring out into the audience as more came in. At last, it started. The principal spoke to the audience about us and the bee itself. Then, the spelling began. Because I was last I had to wait a long time for my turn. When at last my turn came, I walked up to the microphone, said my name, class, grade, and people I had to thank for helping me study, and spelled the word I was given. I sat down and survived a few rounds when I heard something. I was in the very back beside the door that led into the hallway. I heard strange noises coming from outside the door. I heard scratching and sniffing, and some very strange noises I can hardly describe. It was weird and I never figured out what it was. After many rounds, about 20, there were 4 people left. Me, Zach, Sara, and Mark. We are all in the same class and are all friends. We went like that for a while until someone got out. Zach, who had won the 2003 spelling bee, missed a word and had to sit down. It was down to three people, me, Sara, and Mark. We went for a quite a while and Mark eventually got out. 2 people were left, me and Sara. We are both very good friends and we had helped each other study. We went back and forth for what seemed like a very long time. The stage was in the cafeteria and eventually, the some of the other people had to eat. The bee was moved into the library and we carried on back and forth. After a while,I missed a word and Sara spelled hers correctly. Sara won and I was declared 2nd place winner. We were both to go the the district spelling bee.

    January 21, 2005

    Well, the time had arrived. 26 participants total. Sara and I went to district spelling bee held at another school. Car parked, we walked in and looked at the stage which was very similar to ours. We took a restroom break and went and sat on stage. Not long afterwards the spelling bee began. Sara was sitting in the very back, last person as I was the time before, and I was sitting in the very front. I was the fifth person to spell. After quite a few rounds, the fire alarm went off. I think someone pulled the alarm lever but I'm not sure. The bee was paused for a few minutes and Sara and I got a chance to talk. If I were to have lost right then, I would have come in 9th place. Our friend Zach, who had gone to district the year before, had come in 8th place. Mine and Sara's goal was to beat 8th place. We talked about how we were close to beating Zach. Then, the bee was back on. 1 out. 8 people on stage. Sara got up to the mike. She was asked to spell uncouth. Sara spelled it U-N-C-O-O-T-H. She was out. I was now the only person representing my school. Sara came in 7th place. She beat Zach's record. A couple rounds later, 5 people left, I stepped up to the microphone. I was given a hard, long word. I spelled it wrong only by a couple letters. I was out. I had come in 5th place. But I had beaten Zach. So to me, I was a winner and so was Sara, because we met our goal. To beat Zach!!!


    link | posted by J at 3:48 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 4:31 PM, February 25, 2005~  

    I remember those days.

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J