When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Sunday, July 30, 2006

    Super Busy

    Heads Up:
    Mom went to Oklahoma City for OESD (Oklahoma Embroidery Supply and Design) for a few days. For those of you who live in a box, OESD is three days of sewing, from simple embroidery to hi-tech computer/sewing machine programs. She left on Wednesday and came back yesterday. While she was gone, we decided to replace the carpets and tile in the house. The best part was she had absolutely no idea.
    Mom had already picked out the carpet and tile, but Dad told her it wouldn’t be ready until November. In this post I will take you through our experiences behind the scenes as well as Mom’s reaction.

    Day 1
    We waited for Mom to get far away because we did not want her to turn around and figure out our plan. She had left a day early which was an advantage to us. Dad told her to call when she got into Tulsa. Close to that time, we went to Sam’s Club for a dolly. Of course, we got some food and sweets. Haha! We went to the car and got ready to leave. One small problem. How were we going to fit a dolly in a Honda Accord as well as a driver and two other people? We experimented and it never would fit. We had to compromise. Dad had to fold over some seats and Bailey had to sit in the front seat with me. We went home very crowded. When we got there, I took pictures of shelves in the front room so that I would know how to put everything back. We started moving things out of the house. I had to squeeze in a large amount of laundry because we wouldn’t be able to run the washer and dryer after it had been moved into the garage. After a while we knew it had to get intense. Dad moved the front room TV out and I had to untangle all of the wires, take them out of the TV, and wrap them around the speaker which they belonged to. I did all the tech stuff. In Mom’s room, I had to do this with the game systems as well as the cable box and the DVR. Bailey did little things because she’s younger but she was a great help. The stuff we didn’t want to do even though it was small, she did. I was called “The Tech” and Bailey was “The Janitor”. We were proud, too! Eventually everything was out of the house and into the garage. Well, not everything. Just stuff from the kitchen, the front room, Mom’s room, her bathroom, and Dad’s office bathroom.

    Day 2
    Bailey and I had to be stuck in Mom’s office (the basement) for the whole day. Thursday was the day of carpet and tile. Bailey and I brought a large container full of stuff like pepperoni, books, crackers, ibuprofen, band-aids, and chocolate! When we were down there we were constantly hearing bangs and clangs. We could hear the saws as if they were right beside us. I actually lifted up a ceiling tile once to see if they could see us. LOL! I knew they wouldn’t be able to but it sounded like they were coming through the floor! I stepped outside about half an hour in, and saw my Dad’s recliner on the deck. Looking around there was also the couch and the refrigerator. The TV had been unhooked and the Internet connection was down. I worked on my AP report and played Bailey’s DS. I also drew some Star Ocean characters which came out very well. Around 6, Dad called us upstairs. Rain was pouring down on the furniture. We brought it in and dried it of. The recliner was leather so it was easy. The couch had to dry almost naturally. The men were still working but the house was looking great. We had Wendy’s at 9:30, which was around the time they finished up.

    Day 3
    We got up and got to work. The carpet was beautiful. It felt good to. It wasn’t soft like the other carpet. It was a burgundy tan mix kind of color. The kitchen tile has a little bit of cushion and it has some tan and white. We had to move everything back in. Again, I was the tech and Bailey was the janitor. I had to hook up the front room TV with speakers, DVR, cable box, and the whole nine yards. It’s amazing how much copper hurts! I went back and forth between the front room and Mom and Dad’s room, hooking stuff up and plugging stuff in. Finding the right cords and knowing every coax took forever. But it was finally paid off when the TVs worked on the first try. So I didn’t mess up! Dad and his friend Lyn moved everything into the house. It looked amazing. Grandma picked us up and we spent the night with her. This was because she was taking us to Terra Studios to get Mom and Dad’s anniversary present! I had been planning it a long time and Mom’s arrival was the perfect time. Even though their anniversary is August 1st.

    Mom’s Reaction
    Bailey and I wrapped up the present and wrote stuff on the bag like “I love you!” and “You’re the awesomest!”. Haha! We left the present upstairs and we stood in the kitchen. Dad brought Mom in blindfolded. He had told her we has a surprise for her. She thought he meant a welcome sign or something. He opened her eyes. A big “O” formed Mom’s mouth.
    “You guys replaced the tile!” She squeaked.
    “That’s not all...”
    She turned and saw the carpet. An even bigger “O”.
    “O my gosh!!!”
    We led her through the house. She couldn’t believe it. She was amazed.
    When she calmed down Bailey and I brought the present. They brought the box out of the bag and opened it. Out came two little bluebirds on a little blue stand with words at the bottom. They said:
    “Two little bluebirds know for sure
    Your love is deep and perfectly pure.”


    link | posted by J at 8:48 AM |


    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:22 AM, July 30, 2006~  

    That's cool

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 4:49 PM, August 02, 2006~  

    ya that is cool email me

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 9:23 PM, August 13, 2006~  

    Hey it`s Hannah! You need to update!!! LOL!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J