When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Tuesday, February 02, 2010

    I googled myself.

    And. It was really sad. I found old stuff, from wayy long ago. I've been Internet-savvy since I was 7 years old. There's a lotta record of my social networking activities. I of course found my blog, vimeo, twitter, tumblr, basic stuff when I googled myself. But on the next page I saw Xanga. O_o Oh My Gosh. I had xanga! Everyone had xanga! I saw my comments and all this stuff from when I was just a little girl! I was in like, 5th grade! I even found links to the forum from that little period of time *shiver*. I sorta got addicted to an online chat site. We don't talk about it. I found old pics of me, and accounts on things I don't even remember signing up for. It was...weird. I'unno...like I've trashed a lotta my stuff from the old days, pictures and things. But what I put on the Internet is still there. It kinda hurt. But it was freakin' awesome at the same time :D. I'm not into sentimentality and all that gushy stuff...but it was weird. I could read things I had said, actual dialogue that I have no memory of whatsoever. Those little details that were my every day life and I don't even remember them...I can just see them. It. Was. Weird.


    My blog's been around for like--5 years. So if I ever wanna know what I did at some random time, I can see the basic gist. But it's not pictures, it's not conversations. They're stories. Seeing a good number of years laid out on in a search engine--it's freaky.


    I saw some old pictures on my facebook, which I've had since 7th grade. That's a loooong time. There were some pics from a couple years ago of Bre and I, when we were in Bella Vista. Arkansas used to be so pretty! I'd forgotten how pretty this place was! The trees, the colors, the rocks. It's not like that anymore. I had some good times too. That doesn't happen as often anymore. My friends either got into drugs, got pregnant, or just..disappeared. My best friends have of course stayed with me this whole time (Leta and Jova) and we have a blast every time we hang out, but a lot of other people have just come and gone. I don't take those crazy pictures anymore or write on my "xanga" about how cool my newest "bestie" is. It just doesn't work that way. I like how things are, I really do. But I didn't realize how much things had changed again so quickly.


    So yeah. I'm that much of a geek--I don't have scrapbooks to go through. I have to google myself. Wow. :/ Hahaha.


    link | posted by J at 4:38 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J