When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Saturday, January 26, 2008

    History Day

    For the past 6 months, in my AP Social Studies class, we have been forewarned of the infamous NHD...National History Day...

    Here's how it works:
    You chose a topic that relates to the theme of the year (Conflict and Compromise). You find out how you're gonna do it. You have the option of a historical paper, exhibit, web site, or a documentary. Cool, huh? Anyways you go to a competition and compete against your classmates. If you place in the top 4, you go to regionals. If you go to regionals and place in the top 3 you go to state, and if you place in the top 2 in state you take a beautiful trip to DC and test your skills at how well you place in National.

    Here's what I did:
    I chose to do the history of forensic science. (Yes, I hate history so much I do my project on science...*cough: nerd*) I called it "History Behind the Tape: Conflicts and Compromises in the Development of Forensic Science". Catchy, eh? Anyways, I did a (gasp!) documentary. Shocker, I know. I included dramatization, video overlay, voice overs, SFX, VFX, the whole nine yards. All by myself, the only assistance was my sister holding up my script. I wrote it, I filmed it, I edited it, burned it, everything. I went to the school competition.

    The next day Watson (my teacher) sent me the results.

    First place.

    I'm going to regionals.

    Luv,
    ((~CP~))


    BTW: If you wanna see the 7 and a half minute long video shoot me an e-mail, I'll make sure you see it. :D


    link | posted by J at 8:51 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J