When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Sunday, December 09, 2007

    Penny For Your Thoughts?

    Sometimes, in my unusually useful moments of boredom, I google completely random things.
    You would be amazed what I find on the Internet by just thinking completely random thoughts and typing it in. Is that weird or is it useful?

    Just now I typed into my google toolbar "What's in a penny?". I found a history of pennies and I learned that they are mostly made of Zinc. But on a website I visited there was a link that said "Can a penny dropped from a tall building kill you?". Of course, being the curious and bored person that I am, I clicked the link. It said that it would probably just sting a pedestrian. (Referring to being dropped off the top of the Empire State Building.) But then I googled the question exactly and found that it could in fact hit your head hard enough to knock you out or kill you. Of course I didn't know which was correct so I kept googling.
    One website said only if your mouth is open and you choke. But I wonder if it wouldn't be the equivalent of choking but similar to shooting a bullet through your mouth. After a few sites and some strange idiots, I found that Mythbusters did an episode on it. Of course, I had know idea about this when I googled "What's in a penny?". I searched for Mythbusters on google.

    Well, I couldn't find that one specifically so I am still left with the question "Can a penny dropped from the Empire State Building kill you?". But I think that the better question is, in fact, "Who in their right mind is going to go to the top of the Empire State Building to drop a penny?"
    Time to google!


    link | posted by J at 9:25 AM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Adeline Jessica commented at 9:34 AM, February 07, 2008~  

    I found your blog by clicking on my interest "exploring in the woods"...

    I ALWAYS do the random googling/wikipedia searches. It turns up amazing stuff--I swear, some of my best knowledge has been gotten that way!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J