When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Wednesday, March 08, 2006

    Mom's Experience

    It's kind of odd that I didn't know this until yesterday...
    I always knew my Dad was in the Navy after high school...
    I didn't know that my Mom could have been...

    Yesterday morning, Mom and I were driving along. I mentioned the Benchmark and how it was a lot like SATs. Mom had taken SATs for lots of different things in high school because it was required. Apparently she knew more than she thought. After an SAT-ish test in the library, Mom started getting letters inviting her to the Air Force. That's so cool! Mom said no. Reasons why: a)She didn't want to. b)She has a sun disease. She gets really sick if she gets sun burned.
    Anyways, she told them no but she kept getting letters. They really wanted her for the Air Force! And to top that, they also wanted her for the Army! They would talk to her at school and stuff, but she kept saying no. This is really funny:
    My mom used to work at a cookie company in the mall. Haha! No, that's not the funny part. Just wait, it'll come... Anyways, she was a person that sat at the little counter thing and handed people their cookies. Really good cookies, I've been there... One day, these two men came to the cookie company one day and ordered a cookie. Turns out, they were these army thingy-ma-bobbers. When they saw Mom's name tag they started saying things like: "Hey! You're Jane Doe! We've been trying to get you to join the army" and stuff like that. She had to explain to them, at work, why she couldn't.
    Eventually, the army and air force people left her alone. Pretty funny, huh?

    Well, have a nice day!
    Will post more soon.
    J


    link | posted by J at 4:17 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J