When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Saturday, January 14, 2006

    3-Day Weekend, Blogs!, New Moon, Congrats Paxton!

    3-Day Weekend
    We get a 3-day weekend! Yippeee!! Monday, the teachers are having a meeting, so that means no school. But what stinks is I was planning to go to the school library on Monday, I have to return a book. I guess I have to move my plans to Tuesday. Haha! Anyways, Lisa's school is out too. That's pretty cool, considering I go to a public school and Lisa goes to a private school.

    Blogs!
    All thanks to Lisa, Katherine and I have been sending e-mails to each other this morning. I haven't seen her since I left FCS. And guess what, she saw mine and Lisa's blogs and now she wants her own, too! And now Robert wants one too!
    Google needs to be thanking me! lol!
    Because blogs are better than xangas, ahem...

    New Moon
    Bailey's birthday will be on a new moon this year, and telling her that makes a funny story.
    ...................................................................................................................
    I told Bailey her birthday was going to be on the same day as the new moon. Her birthday is January 29th. She asked what a new moon was and I told her it is when you can't see the moon. She was amazed. She asked me if there would still be night! Lol! I told Bailey that the moon does not cause night. Oh boy... Now it got to be scientific. Guess what she said...
    "Why?" Now Bailey is a smart girl, so I knew she'd understand this if I told her. But just to be sure I grabbed three of her little bouncy balls. The Earth was the one with the line through it so she could see the equator, and know how the Earth tilted. The other two were just balls... I showed her the main need-to-knows: The Earth revolves around the sun, the moon revolves around the Earth, and so-on. Once she knew how it worked I explained how once a month the moon would be on one side of the Earth while the sun was on the other. This really twisted my arms. Then, holding that strange position of wound up wrists, I told her how the moon has no light of it's own, and got its light from the sun. But, during a new moon, the Earth blocks the light, leaving the moon with nothing to reflect, therefore seeming invisible in the sky. She understood it!
    And now she knows that the moons light (which is actually the suns light) is not required for night-time. And now my elbows hurt.

    Congrats Paxton!
    I would like to congratulate Paxton on her gym meet. Last Friday, Paxton went to St. Louis to compete at a state-wide gymnastics competition. She got 2nd place on vault with a 9.45.
    Congratulations Paxton!


    link | posted by J at 3:19 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J