When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Friday, January 20, 2006

    Roller Skating!

    Fact:
  • This was my first time to skate at a rink in 3-5 years.
  • Disco balls rock!

  • Info
    Today was our pod field trip and all of the people with no more than 2 missing papers were allowed to go. Guess who's one of those people...Me!
    Anyways, the field trip was 2 hours of roller skating fun at the local rink. Here's the story...

    Before Boarding the Bus
    I got my camera out of my locker and brought it to my homeroom. It was a nice wait, people talking amongst themselves, reading, and naming chairs. I know, there are some idiots in my school. Somebody said my chair's name is Henry. Great... Anyways, we went to P.E. for 45 minutes then came back and sat in our homeroom for 15. Then we got on the bus.

    The Bus
    We got on the bus, barely making it because of the wind. Everybody sat in the back except for Olivia, Teresa, and I who sat in the very front across from Mrs. Blackwell. On the ride to the rink we got to talk with Mrs. Blackwell. I like her, she's really nice and fun to talk with. The bus was decent, better that some I have been in. Maybe tomorrow I'll write a post about scary buses. Anyways, the ride didn't take long and we were at the rink before we knew it.

    We're Here!
    I was one of the first to get my skates which were very confusing. I didn't realize that the shoelaces were inside the skate itself... I found out after a while though. After getting my skates on I took a few pictures and talked with my friends while "warming up". It's a scary world out there. Anyways, eventually came the skating.

    The Skating
    I started out with my friends, then they were behind me..hmm... I couldn't help speeding ahead of everyone. Eventually I slowed down and talked to Ms. Johnson. We skated together talking until she started talking with someone else and I soon realized she was way behind me. I sped off alone for a long period of time until someone finally caught up to me. Teresa and I sat at a table and relaxed for a while before we headed back to the rink. I lost her eventually on accident. I had gone around and I was trying to catch up with her when I had a little accident. I was going really fast when I noticed my left foot was directly behind my right foot and I plunging towards the ground. I spun around and land right on my knees, staring off in the opposite direction everybody was going. I heard "J!" and I turned to see Teresa staring at me with her mouth open. I got up and turned around, only to see my language, science, and math teacher clapping and smiling at me. I smiled and kept going with Teresa. Mrs. Blackwell caught up to me and told me that she wasn't clapping because I fell, she was clapping because I fell so gracefully. Then the games started...

    Games
    I never liked rink games, and I still don't. There was Greenlight Go, which I just watched and concluded that I've never seen so many people slide across the floor in an atempt to stop all at the same time. Then there was a dice game which was pretty boring. Then somebody requested a snowball. No way! I did not. But it was hilarious. 5 guys lined up at the wall and like 20 girls lined up at the other. The announcer said, "I need more guys. Okay, I will give any guy that participates a free Airhead." Voom! A whole pool of boys went to the wall. I yelled through the rink "That's cheap you guys!". It was so funny! The most unlikely couple skated together. Some were so embarassed that they skated alone or with a friend. I mean like girls with girls and guys with guys. And then there were the bf/gfs that held hands which was disgusting and the guys that just skated with girls and acted like they weren't even there. It was funny! And I was sitting on the sideline watching and laughing. Then there was the Cha-Cha Slide. No way! Wait, actually yes way... I had to. So I did. It was fun, and some people were worse than me. Then it was all over.


    link | posted by J at 7:44 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J