When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Thursday, August 02, 2007

    Band Camp

    Well I must apologize for taking so long to update, but band camp was the COOLEST!
    Sunday:
    I got all my stuff into the room and tried out for placement. I then found out that I had never received the music they were supposed to give me and I had to sight read all of it (and I stink at sight reading). So my tryout wasn’t very good.

    Monday:
    Well we found out I had made it into 7th band (2nd to last) so that’s pretty good considering I didn’t know my music or which lines to play. On Monday Christine and I didn’t have to eat alone because we found our friends Philip and Tanner.
    Band Camp was similar to school. Everything was scheduled and different schedules depended on your tryout. I didn’t have any classes with my friends except for one with Tanner. My schedule:
    Master Class: This was a class just for an individual instrument, so I only practiced with trumpets and we didn’t practice concert music, but good techniques to use and I really enjoyed that class.
    Break
    Practice: Where we learned our songs as one full band.
    Sectionals: Where we reported to University classrooms and practiced in our sections (with concert music) so I was with French Horns, Trombones, Tubas, Baritones, and Euphonium.
    Lunch: If you have ever attended the U of A you know how cool the Student Union is. Yes, lunch was that good.
    Fran Kick: Fran Kick (yes a guys name) is a motivational speaker for young adults. So everyday he did this cooperation thing (which had nothing to do with band) to teach us how to work together and have fun and he used lots of metaphors.
    Following that was more sectionals and practices.
    And yet I didn’t believe I had had enough trumpet playing! It was simply not enough!
    And this cycle repeated every day.

    Tuesday and Wednesday
    We did the same routine and little things happened.
    *Finding glowing stickers on my ceiling.
    *Being late for class in the soaking rain.
    *Getting confused *cough:lost* on campus.
    *Eating delicious pizza.
    *Playing on inflatables during free time.
    *Stealing Dedricks shoe.



    Thursday
    We practiced really hard on Thursday and I was able to put the new breathing technique I learned in Master class a lot. You take in a huge breath and then suck in a little bit 3 times to increase your lung capacity and your tone will be fuller and breath lasts a lot longer!
    At the end of the day was the dance and of course, I just went with a group not with a date. It was Christine, Tanner, Philip, Dedrick, and I. First we just talked and hung around and ate lots of ice cream. Then we played Go Fish (losers, that’s us) and then we played BS. After that we got bored and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in another room. When that was over we made it back to the dance in time to see Dedrick trip in the conga line and the whole line fall. Then we did the Time Warp and after all the songs it ended and everybody left. We said our goodbyes and hugged each other because it was the end and there were no more classes.

    Friday
    On Friday was the concert at the Walton Arts Center. Our band played and every one was dressed up and I had to say goodbye to some friends I had made there over the past week. It was really sad and none of us wanted to go home. But I didn’t go home yet, I went to Shogun and Game Exchange. Woohoo!!!


    And that is my conclusion, an awesome time at band camp. I can’t wait to go back!


    link | posted by J at 8:01 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J