When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Sunday, March 16, 2008

    Psychic Squirrels of Spring

    …Say that ten times fast.
    Well, it is in fact the time of year that the birds chirp and school is out for 9 days straight, allowing children and teachers to enjoy a sense of freedom and parents to pull their hair out because said children (and in some rare circumstances teachers) are bugging them to go to the mall or buy them something pretty because they aren’t at school, and have nothing else to do.
    Does this mean that the alleged spring break is not a time of fun but a time of boredom?
    Maybe not…But it is a lie!
    It’s not even spring!
    And yet, many people go on vacation or enjoy themselves at home being, as shocking as this sounds, the opposite of bored on spring break.
    Which isn’t even SPRING!
    •••
    So we’re in the car after getting Chinese food. And my sister said something along the lines of “Well it’s spring not winter!”. And technically, although it is spring break, we are still in winter. My mom and I corrected her and she’s like “Well why didn’t they have spring break in the spring?” I told her it was because of the squirrel in the ground that didn’t want the cold time to end. Immediately I was corrected that the “squirrel” was a groundhog. A groundhog! What the heck is that?! So, apparently the groundhog did or didn’t see his shadow and poof! Spring break takes place during winter? I asked my mom and she said, “No. The groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter!” (Oh yes, that makes sooooo much more sense!)
    So I said…
    “Wo! So it’s a PSYCHIC SQUIRREL?”
    And again I was bombarded for my inaccuracy, it’s a freakin’ “groundhog.” Lol
    When I got home, I wanted to know more about this “psychic squirrel.”
    Where do I go?
    Wikipedia, duh!
    •••
    Well spring break is interesting this year. I’ll be fairly bored without school but there are some interesting things planned. I guess we’ll just have to see. :D
    •••
    AH HA!
    Proof!
    Groundhog Day is a holiday celebrated in United States and Canada on February 2. In weather lore, if a groundhog, also known as a woodchuck, marmot, or ground squirrel, emerges from its burrow on this day and fails to see its shadow because the weather is cloudy, winter will soon end. If the groundhog sees its shadow, it will return into its burrow, and the winter will continue for 6 more weeks.
    Wait…wait…WAIT!
    Back it up, did I see ground SQUIRREL?!
    Yes…yes I did.
    •••
    So, if you are ever wondering why it is that you have spring break in the winter.
    Blame the psychic squirrels of spring.
    Yes. Blame them.


    link | posted by J at 2:29 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J