When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Thursday, July 13, 2006

    Highlights, Hair Dyes, and Fake Nails! Oh My!

    Day 1--July 9th
    After church we came home and prepared for the highlights. We thought that my hair would have to be dry to have it done. Nope! I ran to the bathroom and got the squirt bottle. Mom sprayed all around my head to dampen it. It was freezing cold, therefore I thought she had soaked it! I sat at the bar and mixed the dye, bringing thoughts of delicious vanilla icing to my mind. When it was ready, Mom took the brush and started streaking my hair. If you look at the pictures Bailey took of me in this state, you will see that there are trails of white foam sinking into my brown hair. It was required to sit for a while, so in that time we decided to do nails! As the clocked ticked away, we filed down the real nails and glued on the fake ones! When we got close to the end, I was looking at Bailey. OW! Pain suddenly seared through my ring finger and then seemed to disappear. Mom's finger had been glued to my real nail and she had yanked it off. We continued with Mom's nail gluing and my watchful eye. When finished, we went to the sink and washed my hair with Garnier Fructis shampoo, and the Garnier Nutrisse conditioner that had come with the product. My hair was all tangled on my head, so Bailey took my picture, which I didn't mind. I did mind that she took multiple pictures of my head in the sink. Waste of memory if you ask me. After everything was finished we looked at my dry hair. Wo! Wo! Wo! Bright golden streaks swallowed the top of my head and ran down. It was shiny and brassy, and did not go well with my dark brown hair. It had to be fixed. We put some Red Glaze on it hoping that it would take away the spark. Well...

    Day 2--July 11th
    On the tenth, we had gone to Target and gotten some light brown hair-dye. A Latte color, as it was called. Our plan was that it would lighten my brown hair, so that the blonde would stick out so much. Also, it would lighten the highlights just enough so that it was blonde and not brassy. We went home, and on the 11th we tried it. Mom helped me dye my hair and then she dyed hers. The moment of truth would be for the both of us. She had first put the dye on the bottom layers, without highlights, let it set, and later put the dye lightly on the highlights which were on top of my head. While I sat, waiting and reading, the time went by and so did Mom's dye. Eventually I washed my hair, and she washed hers. We found that both of them came out great! So I have highlights and slightly lighter hair, and Mom has red hair! Again!


    link | posted by J at 8:26 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J