When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Saturday, July 15, 2006

    Visiting Grandma Judy

    Friday
    Grandma's House
    On Friday, I went over to Grandma's house. I visit her every once in a while and it's always fun. When I got there, we decided that we would go somewhere special for dinner. I thought of Cafe Rue Orleans and she agreed. There I had the Crawfish dinner and she had the Shrimp dinner. After dinner we came home and had ice cream with hot fudge. She was looking at my blog and thought it was really cool. She was also amazed that I can get money off of those ads at the bottom (hint hint!). Out of nowhere she sat up and said, "I want a blog!". Grandma is quite "in tune" with the technical world, so I understood. I set it up for her and she chose her background and all that jazz. She started on her post and typed out four sentences. Now she's stuck. She thought about it over night and didn't know what she wanted to put on there. She looked at other blogs and found out what you put on a blog, anything! She still couldn't think of anything else that would good for an introduction. She knew what she would put on future posts, but not on this one. Since she couldn't think of anything else, we saved it as a draft and watched The Forgotten. She liked it, and I always have! We went to bed at 11, which was when the movie ended.
    Saturday
    Grandma's House
    I woke up the next morning and Grandma made eggs, bacon, and toast. We ate and did crossword puzzles from the newspaper. I took my shower and then we put our make-up. It takes her much longer than it takes me! LOL! I've never met anyone with that much make-up. Not that I know of at least, LOL! When we were ready we got in the car and started driving. We drove for a long while until we arrived at a remarkable place. Terra Studios!
    Terra:The Bluebirds
    Outside were all the glass bluebirds set up in an orderly fashion. We went into the building and found beautiful glass pieces shaped into birds, eggs, and wind chimes! Multiple colors of glass shaped to perfection. We walked into the next room which was even more amazing. A set up of bluebirds was the centerpiece of the room. Around it were shelves full of blue birds. Red ones, pink ones, green ones, and of course blue ones! Big birds, small birds, cowboy birds! The most amazing part was the window! Through the window was a furnace. Moments later, appeared a man. He took a metal rod and slid the tip of into the furnace. When he pulled it out, a bright ball of orange glow stood on it. Melted glass! He pulled out these pinchers and began to shape the glass. A green shine began to appear as the bird took form. He pulled out the tail and hung it upside-down for it to dry. He did this multiple times, creating blue bird after blue bird. We looked around at some of the birds in the store. Some were angels, bunnies, and apples. A bunnybird, that's a funny word! We left the building and crossed the street.
    Terra: The Pottery
    We walked up to see a beautiful stone mosaic with a waterfall pouring through. Grandma took my picture with it and a few other things. There were statues and a really cool bathroom. This was only the "Welcome" area. We hadn't even gone into the building. We walked along and saw huge mosaics just standing in the middle of nowhere. This one in particular had colorful fireballs tall and wide dancing across the cement. We walked and saw something amazing! A little house without walls, but bluebirds filling the shelves in a neat and beautiful order. Grandma took my picture in it and I took hers. We walked up and saw another little waterfall! Beside it was a little miniature house with a miniature door and miniature stairs. We walked out of this little area and walked into some woods. In the middle was a giant waterfall! Mosaic walls were places throughout the park. Little benches with clay people on them scattered throughout. Grandma and I were the only ones there! We walked around a little bit, and Grandma called me over. "Loch Ness Monster!" I cried in excitement. There was a little creek and in it was a Loch Ness Monster going into a giant gnomes mouth. Little people were working around the creek. It was so cute! We walked around and gazed at the bluebird mosaics and others. We walked out, and went intside. You'd think we'd had so much fun out there we wouldn't have fun in the building. Yeah right!
    Terra: The Pottery House
    We walked in and looked around the shop. Little pieces of blue glass created a scene across the floor . For some strange reason the room reminded me of Norway. The exciting part of the room was the cave. I could have lived there. I find that blue darkness relaxing. There was a pretty waterfall in one of the corners. There was a somewhat secret passageway into a little room. I went in and found a chair curving into the ceiling with it's jewels. The wall was dark blue with sunlight shining through, creating stars. There was a moon that glowed in the darkness. We took some pictures and left the cave. We looked around and saw all the pretty vases and gnomes.
    Terra: The Bluebird House Again
    We went back to the Bluebird House to buy some stuff. Mom's kitchen has an apple theme so I decided to get her a green glass apple. For Bailey, who loves rabbits, we got a little pink glass rabbit. Dad got a glass egg with a little bit of blue at the top. I got the original bluebird!
    Grandma's House: Back Home
    After eating burgers we went to Grandma's house. We had been taking notes in the car, so we filled out her profile and she finished her first post! It was published to her blog and now you are welcome to visit it by clicking here!


    link | posted by J at 6:17 PM |


    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:02 PM, July 21, 2006~  

    Everywhere I go, there she is this ANGRY Katherine person. You really should educate your friends on proper internet procedures. I keep trying to tell her, but she keeps deleting my friendly advice. So maybe she will take yours. You should also educate her on how to use spellcheck and how to proofread her posts/comments before publishing. Of course, this is all excusable if she is no older than 5. She still has time to learn.

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:46 PM, July 25, 2006~  

    buzz off katherine person

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J