When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Thursday, January 04, 2007

    My Band Concert!

    I don’t think I ever got around to telling you about my band concert. We had been practicing for a very long time and we knew the music perfectly. So that Thursday night we all went to the High School and sat in our seats.
    I play trumpet so I was positioned towards the back, second to last row. As fourth chair I was closer to the audience than most but that doesn’t mean they could see me. As many advantages as there are to being short, there are just as many disadvantages.
    We started off with our conductor speaking. He made a funny joke that everyone found hilarious. He said, “Remember when these kids first came home with their instrument. I believe it sounded a little bit like this.” And we all made a horrid noise, playing random notes that scared Mr. Donnell even. Then he said “’Hey Mom! That was Mary Had A Little Lamb!’”. It was funny! Then we went into First Christmas March. Then Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree. Following that were instrument solos. I was Up On the Housetop. Then the entire band played a different version of Up On The Housetop. After that the curtain closed and all lights went out. Mr. Donnel started talking about how our next piece was Rudolph but we really couldn’t understand him enough to play him well. Then the curtains slowly opened to reveal hundreds of red blinking lights. The lights came on gently and it was just dim enough for us to read our music. We began playing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer as our final piece.
    It was really great. We have a DVD of it which is pretty cool. There are I believe 6 different camera angles so it’s fancy. Haha!
    Well, that’s it. I told you I would tell you about the concert I just never got around to it.


    link | posted by J at 7:16 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Jillian commented at 11:30 AM, January 05, 2007~  

    The red blinking lights sound really cool! I'm sure you played awesome too. :)

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J