When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Monday, May 28, 2007

    "Anne of Green Gables"

    Taking you back to long ago on Prince Edward Island...
    J STYLE!!!

    Yesterday, I was invited to go see my friend Morgans play. She was in a production you've probably heard of called "Anne of Green Gables." It's a marvelous play based on a remarkable series of books that Morgan adores. She got the part of Priscilla "Prissy" Andrews, a beautiful, but snobby, character lacking intellect who falls in love with the school teacher. Prissy is very opposite of Morgan's character, but she portrayed her very well.
    Her cousins, Bekkah and Rylee, who are so fun, also got parts as sunday school children.

    If you haven't read the book, seen the movie, or watched the play, then it's likely that you don't what it's about. It's about a young orphan girl, Anne (with an e) Shirley who is invited to live with a family in a house called Green Gables. Although the family asked for a boy, they grow to love Anne just the same. In the play, Anne experiences fright in losing her best friend, saving a girls life, and living with the trauma of what happens to her "father". Within all this she has happy times of singing, attending school, and feeling accepted into a new home. It was a very good play and I highly recommend all of you to find a premiere near you or even try out the book or movie.

    In the play that I saw, the acting was very good. Prissy Andrews was portrayed by Morgan and she did a fabulous job. If you hear anything about someone screaming "GO PRISSY!" it wasn't me, I know nothing about it, and it had nothing to do with the person typing on this blog biting her bottom lip nervously in terror only imagined by one who could commit such a crime and escape with but the terribly clear memory.
    Anne was played very well, although I have seen better I am not one to critique. Josie was portrayed with great character and emotion.
    Mrs. Lynde was highly entertaining and absolutely hilarious.
    It was a great play and I am glad to have had the chance to see it.





    ♥ J


    link | posted by J at 3:15 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J