When I say "whatever" it means "anything that I want to write!" It's J's Blog of Whatever!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: State of Confusion

  • Visit My Picture Blog
  • Sign My Guestbook
  •  

    Previous Posts

    Highlights
    What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Sunday, March 23, 2008

    Semester Blues

    I have to say I am extremely glad that the 3rd 9wks is over. It seems like each 9wks of the school year has its own little magic to it. Have you noticed?
    •••
    1st ½ of 1st Semester:
    Everything is new, and everyone is in a good mood. People are exploring and recollecting their summer memories and making up for lost time with friends. Everything is too new for drama.
    2nd ½ of 1st Semester:
    The classes generally get a little harder and angst rises in the stress of the coming semester finals. Drama is mildly starting to bubble, but not too much. But most kids by this time have figured out their favorite teachers, easiest routes to class, and the crowd that they feel comfortable hanging out with.
    •••
    And then there is the 1st half of the 2nd semester. By this time, relationships and friendships that were bound to crumble eventually have been destroyed. By this time, everyone is sick of school and ready for summer. But it’s too far away for them to actually have the joy of looking forward to anything. And it seems like some of the worst things happen in the 3rd 9wks. People change, which isn’t always a bad thing, but sometimes bad stuff happens. The 3rd 9wks is drama central, and pretty much boring as to cool events. Football season is over and there’s no place or time for students to just hang around. It’s quite depressing to see people subject to this time of confusion. I’ve always noticed that the most tears are shed during the 3rd 9wks. I guess it’s just a simple branch of psychology and observation. I never freak out or dramatize my life, but it’s all around me. Weird…
    •••
    And the last half of the last semester
    Everyone is normal again and excited for summer. And somehow everyone is just livelier. :D
    •••
    So those of you who have suffered from TNSD (third nine-weeks stress disorder), I do hope that you can overcome your semester blues and enjoy life, living it to the fullest!
    Happy Easter!
    Have a great school year!


    link | posted by J at 2:56 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela | edited by J